To accurately manufacture your garment, Prettie Lanes needs your BODY MEASUREMENTS (with underwear).
Please do not add any ease to your measurements. The measuring tape should be not too loose nor too tight, just fitted. The descriptions and pictures provided will guide you through the process.
* a flexible measuring tape
* recommendation: get help from another person, as this makes it easier to make exact measurements, a mirror can also be helpful if you measure alone
*Padded bras, a corset or shapewear and similar can make a huge difference. So please make sure to measure your body with the underwear you most likely will wear under the ordered garment.
* Advice: As many measurements are based on your waistline, it makes it easier when you pull a string around your natural waistline that will mark this line for all other corresponding measurements.
In case a measurement seems to be wrong or unrealistic you will be contacted by Prettie Lanes. Please note, Prettie Lanes can not take any responsibility for measurements taken inaccurately.
SPECIAL REMARKS ABOUT THE FIT
loose = very comfortable fit with a lot of ease to move
fitted = standard choice if you do not fill out this field. A close fit with ease to move but wonderfully
'hugging your curves', according to the design.
tight = measurement of the finished garment equals your body measurement (no ease added).
1. Measure around the body at the fullest part of the bust, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
4. Measure from one apex/nipple across your neck to the other bust point.
7. Measure at the front from your natural waistline down to your knee.
10. Measure around the base of the neck touching the front collar bone.
13. Measure from the neck to the shoulder bone.
15. With the arm bent, measure the upper arm circumference at the widest part.
18. With the arm bent, measure from the shoulder
bone, over the elbow and down to the wristbone
2. Measure around the body under the bust, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
5. Measure around your natural waistline, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
8. Measure around the widest part. This is generally
between 15-21cm/6-8'' down from the waistline.
11. Measure from the neck bone (feel the bone when you move down your head) at the centre back down to the
14. Wrap the tape measure from the shoulder to the armpit. Wrap the tape measure further around, back up to the shoulder.
16. Measure the forearm circumference at the largest area (usually 5cm/2'' below the elbow).
3. Measure from apex to apex.
6. Measure from the waist across one bust point across your neck to the other bust point down to the waist line.
9. Measure from your waisline down your hipline (Distance Waist to Hip).
12. Measure 15cm down from the neck bone at the centre back and then across the back from where one arm meets the body to where the other arm meets the body.
17. Measure your wrist circumference just below your wrist bone.