To accurately manufacture your garment, your BODY MEASUREMENTS (with underwear) are needed.
Please do not add any ease to your measurements yourself. The measuring tape should be neither too loose nor too tight, just fitted. The descriptions and pictures provided will guide you through the process.
* a flexible measuring tape
* recommendation: get help from another person, as this makes it easier to make exact measurements, a mirror can also be helpful if you measure alone
* Its is recommended to fill in this form on a desktop and not via a mobile phone for a better overview of the pictures and corresponding descriptions that are
lined up in rows
* Padded bras, a corset or shapewear and similar can make a huge difference. So please make sure to measure your body with the underwear you most likely will wear
under the ordered garment.
* Advice: As many measurements are based on your waistline, it makes it easier when you pull a string around your natural waistline that will mark this line for all
other corresponding measurements. Photo with number 7,8,9 features grey lines visualizing your bust, waist and hip level. The measurement to take is shown in black lines.
In case a measurement seems to be wrong or unrealistic you will be contacted by Prettie Lanes. Please note, Prettie Lanes can not take any responsibility for measurements taken inaccurately.
SPECIAL REMARKS ABOUT THE FIT
loose = very comfortable fit with a lot of ease to move
fitted = standard choice if you do not fill out this field. A close fit with ease to move but wonderfully
'hugging your curves', according to the design.
tight = measurement of the finished garment equals your body measurement (no ease added).
Y O U R P E R S O N A L D E T A I L S
(1) Bust: Measure around the body at the fullest part of the bust, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
(2) Waist: Measure around your natural waistline, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
(3) Hips: Measure around the widest part. This is generally between 15-21cm/6-8'' down from the waistline.
(4) Overbust: Measure directly over the bust (under the armpits). Breathe normally, and measure after you’ve exhaled.
(5) Underbust: Measure around the body under the bust, making sure that the tape measure is parallel to the floor.
(6) Bust Span: Measure from apex to apex.
(7) Bust Height: Measure from one bust point (apex) around your neck to the other bust point.
(8) Waist Height: Measure from the waist across one bust point around your neck to the other bust point down to the waist line.
(9) Hip Height: Measure from your waisline down to your hipline (Distance Waist to Hip).
(10) Shoulder: Measure from the neck to the shoulder bone.
(11) Back Width: Measure 15cm down from the neck bone at the centre back and then across the back from where one arm meets the body to where the other arm meets the body.
(12) Back Length: Measure from the neck bone (feel the bone when you move down your head) at the centre back down to the waist line.
(13) Waist to Knee: Measure at the front from your natural waistline down to your knee.
(14) Waist to Floor: Measure at the side(!) from your natural waistline down to the floor.
Wrap the tape measure from the shoulder to the armpit. Wrap the tape measure further around, back up to the shoulder.
With the arm bent, measure the upper arm circumference at the widest part.
Measure the forearm circumference at the largest area (usually 5cm/2'' below the elbow).
Measure your wrist circumference just below your wrist bone.
(19) Arm Length:
With the arm bent, measure from the shoulder bone, over the elbow and down to the wristbone.
Measure around your neck touching the front collar bone.